ink

ink

Friday, January 1, 2010

start as you mean to continue


Nothing like starting the New Year on the back foot. The house is a tip.  The children are sleep deprived (as are their parents).  The garden is overgrown.  No New Year's resolutions have been made.  I am quite happily eschewing New Year's Resolutions as, in my opinion, they only lead to disappointment and self-criticism.  I am not making a resolution to get up every day at 5am to work.  I am not writing lists of things I want to achieve in 2010.  I am not creating positive-affirmation-mantra-type things to contemplate every morning at 5am.  Once I have caught up on some sleep, got the house into some sort of order (with the assistance of its other residents) and cut the grass, I shall endeavour to pick up where I left off in 2009.  I shall continue to create space for creating: music, words, things.  I shall avoid giving myself a hard time if I am not always able to create as much space as I would like.  I shall also continue to remind myself how fortunate I am to have at least some space and time in which to create, and people I love to share it with me, and that we are all blessed with good health and a roof over our heads.  Bring it on 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment